Sunday, February 20, 2011

WORDS, Lots and lots of words

I am a WORDS person. Just come and visit and look around. I have words everywhere on my walls.
I love words of affirmation, words of truth, and I love to share my words, or stories with whomever will listen.
WELL, I have an I Spy today. (See my I Spy blog to be clued in on this concept)
It has to do with my words....
Don't ever think that what you say is not making a difference in the lives of those who are listening.
We may never know how we are affecting others. Sometimes we are allowed a glimpse. This is what happened on Monday.
I received a call from my daughter, Bethany. She said, "MOM, do you remember talking to a lady in the chiropractor's office a while ago? " Now, that is a vague question. Which lady in whose office how long ago?
She continued, "Well, you shared with her what I was doing and where I am working. You told her that the winery I work at is very beautiful. You told her about me and my passions. AND, today, because of your conversation, she called me and booked a wedding date for her daughter here at Park Farm winery. AMAZING, and she told Bethany the story.
Funny thing is that the Winery and my daughter live 2 hours to the southeast of us, the lady lives about an hour south, and I was in a Dr.'s office a half hour to the southwest of our home.
You never know how words will affect the things that are, will be, and could be...
Someone once told me that words shared (gossip, in particular) are like a bag of feathers thrown into the wind. To gather them again is impossible. You never  know how far they will fly and where they will land, and what affect they will have on others; for the bad or the good.

No comments:

Post a Comment