I can't get words off my mind..imagine that.
I've been pondering the WORD of God. That could mean His Son as it is written in John 1:1 or it could mean his Word in general. Proverbs are just as awesome to me as the proverbs my mother shared. (I've thought of more of them lately)
ANYWAY, some of the Proverbs that have jumped out at me are:
Prov. 19:21-Death and life are in the power of the tongue, And those who love it will eat its fruit.
Prov. 13:3-The one who guards his mouth preserves his life; The one who opens wide his lips comes to ruin.
Prov. 13:14-The teaching of the wise is a fountain of life, To turn aside from the snares of death.
Maybe this is why I appreciate the words my mother collected and filed, and shared with us, and even more, the Proverbs in the Bible. There is much wisdom to be passed on.
I was thinking of some words spoken to me when I was young and how they have affected me for life. I was told once that my mouth and brain would be what I would need to rely on in life, because I sure was not coordinated.
I never felt comfortable in gym class or in the sports arena. Oh, I was good in the stands as I cheered the team on, BUT don't make me get out on a court of any kind and actually participate.
A relative, when I was in third grade, patted my tummy, and said, "My, aren't you getting to be a BIG girl!! From that point on, I was aware of my big tummy and my "larger than my sisters'" frame.
BUT, I've also had people tell me that I was so good at....., and boy, if you set your mind to doing this, it Will get done, and BOY, you made such a difference in that...
What a salve that was to my heart.
Seeing how others' words hurt or help me has caused me to pray that God would put a guard on my lips and that He would help me speak LIFE into the lives of others.
WORDS are so powerful. Be careful how you use them, and the tone that goes with them.
They can make a difference in someone's life.
No comments:
Post a Comment