Well, I haven't revealed that I am writing this. I can only think that "what others think" is burdening me. It is one thing my Dad always said, "What will others think if you......?" "How do you think they will feel about that?""What will they say?" "Polly, you don't want to ruin the family name." BUT, as a teen, I wasn't really into thinking about others or about saving the family name. What I wanted, and wanted to do was the most important thing, so I took off and did things that turned my dad's hair gray and probably caused my mom to pull out her hair.(Maybe that is why her hair got thinner as she got older.)
Today, I've been thinking about connecting with others. THAT is what this life is about. NOT that I need to worry about others opinions, but when you look at what Jesus did on this earth, it is apparent that it is all about relationships, building relationships. Jesus didn't come to collect things, move things, dust things, show off things, wear things, gloat about things, one-up others with things, brag about things, etc, etc. etc. He came to relate to people. All that he did was about people.
We all need to be connected with someone; someway or somehow. That makes this world bearable when so much seems so senseless sometimes. The best connection is the one between us and the One who made us.
When I find myself consumed with connecting with bigger and better, prettier, and more expensive THINGS, I need to stop and think about the last time I spent time connecting with others instead. We all like to feel like we belong and are wanted here....like we matter. Things last only for a lifetime. People last for eternity.
Matthew 5:16- Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father in heaven.
I just need to do the things that glorify my Father in Heaven. What HE thinks matters.
I think this is wonderful! So great to see you are blogging...and I LOVED the story about the basketball needle!! I'll be back.
ReplyDeleteYes, caring about what OTHER people think is one of the hardest things about writing a meaningful blog. You have to put yourself out there to connect to other people, and that's hard. Life is full of critics -- but if we do what we know is right, keeping Him in mind, it's easier to go boldly. I love reading your thoughts, and I appreciate your courage!
ReplyDelete