Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Today may be the day

Today may be the day I let everyone know that I am writing here so I feel I need to let you know that I love to name things. It was so much fun to think of all the names needed for this page. Let me explain how they all came to be.
My hubby, Dan, was thinking that since we live in a country school turned into a home and since I wanted to share wisdom from the past, I should title this page, OLD SCHOOL news or something to that effect. Instead, the blogspot website is baileyschool because that is what our home used to be called. It is now known as the Avalon Chateau, but has also been known in the past as the Lilly Pad, Lilly Haven, and just plain home to my 4 children, Brett, Curtis, Grant, and Bethany.
Help is on the Way...!came from the movie, Mrs. Doubtfire. It was from one of those scenes that I thought was hilarious. My son, Curtis, could get me to laugh just by saying it. Somedays, he would come up with so many one liners from all of our family movies, inside jokes, and stories, etc. that he had me laughing and forgetting about the fact that he was supposed to be studying. I threatened to ground him if he didn't stop making me laugh. Fond memories of our home school days go with that phrase even though the real meaning is still there.
My e-mail address refers to OUR HOPE in the Lord JESUS Christ. HE is still alive on this earth and lives in the hearts of all of his followers.
My son, Grant, is in a screamo band-APastUnkown, and they released a song today with the lyrics that follow. I thought the timing and the words went with this thought of our HOPE still living.
The song is titled: What if you're Wrong
The lyrics:
What If You’re Wrong?
Have you not heard of me? False hope, false love, the silent enemy. I’ve done my best, I’ve kept you deceived. Faith still grows in more than one answer, only my God frees, my God redeems, stop honoring the dead among the living.

Burn your incense down to these silent ears that hear no one. All this time your screaming makes no sound and it’s death you’ve found. Where’s the hero? Where is truth when death sets in the blood? The grave still holds the names who claimed a way, all but One.

This world will burn. Whose side are you on? Show me your faith, you will get no answer. Suffocation fills your lungs when no one keeps you breathing. Show me a sign, the dead can’t answer. Failure, again and again. Set yourself up for the fall with these empty words and useless rituals.

Calling out to no one only silence will be heard. Your hero is no longer breathing, sound the alarm, no hope. I hear no one , you hear no one, give me an answer, where is your god now?

When will confusion end? This world will burn, leave nothing left. When all the hope seems dead, You’re the one still breathing. Their eyes will turn to You, the One who rose, the only truth, confessing with their tounges “I’m the one who’s wrong”

Burn your incense down, no one will hear. Where’s the hero now, it’s death that you’ve found. Death, where is your sting? You will never claim me cause the grave still holds the names who claimed a way, all but One, all but my God.


Very heavy metal music and words. BUT definitely truth.
I'm so glad that we follow the ONE who gives us hope of eternal life because TODAY may be the day that we meet that ONE.

No comments:

Post a Comment